June 26, 2014
Position Type: Full Time, Salaried
Reports To: Plant Manager
The Supervisor, QA & Compliance, works at a manufacturing plant and manages Quality Management Systems (QMS), including SQF compliance; microbiological control programs; food safety; food security; certification programs; internal audits; control of conforming/nonconforming materials; corrective/preventative actions; customer complaints; employee training; and regulatory compliance (FDA/USDA and EPA).
- Manages food safety/security, quality and environmental surveillance programs
- Oversees traceability exercises; lab procedures; process evaluations; process specifications and standards; sanitation programs and effectiveness; HACCP and GMP programs; production labeling; product storage and distribution; and internal and external audits
- Oversees organic, EU, halal and kosher requirements
- Is the SQF practitioner for site
- Writes/trains/maintains/monitors quality assurance policies and programs as required
- Supports the plant Operations Department in the areas of quality assurance, quality control and food safety
- Supports and assists the Plant Manager and Production Supervisor in effective root cause analysis, corrective action planning and execution for all product quality issues and customer complaint or concerns
- Oversees plant pest control program to assure compliance with all relevant agencies
- Oversees completion of monthly breakable materials (glass and brittle plastic) audits of the facility
- Develops, justifies and implements manufacturing QA process improvements
- Manages the environmental microbiological monitoring programs
- Manages the disposition and control of ingredients and finished products in management software system
- Coordinates and/or conducts all quality training to include GMP, SQF, HACCP, allergen, etc.
- Ensures the maintenance of a HACCP program which includes annual employee training, HACCP documentation review and coordination of HACCP team activities such as an annual review of the HACCP plan
- Reviews food safety documentation: manufacturing records, shipping, receiving and equipment calibrations, etc.
- Acts as plant QMS Champion, document control (DN) coordinator, CAPA and internal audit coordinator
- Bachelor of Science in technical/science field preferred
- 3 to 5 years of food processing experience preferred
As a leading provider of cheese and dairy ingredients for the global food industry, DairiConcepts is supported by a diverse and educated team of high quality employees. We seek personnel with expertise in their fields who also demonstrate our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, and Teamwork. Headquartered in Springfield, Missouri, the company has eight manufacturing plants located throughout the United States.
DairiConcepts is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We offer competitive compensation, bonus potential, and a full benefit program including 401K. For additional information, go to www.dairiconcepts.com.
Please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Department
3253 E. Chestnut Expressway
Springfield, MO 65802